Saturday, January 13, 2024

Big Year



I need 2024 to be a big year.  I turned 50 in the Fall of 2023 and I decided I need to make the most of every day in the new year.  2023 was rough professionally and consumed most of my time.  I am often in the office early in the morning and late into the evenings.  These hours help me see that I work more than most at my firm and I want to change that in 2024.  My job is demanding but my focus will be on being a better delegator and manager this year.  I will hit my 25 year service anniversary later this month which hard to believe.  That’s it for talking shop.  Since I was last active on this blog I have added a few more things to my bucket list.  I have taken up camping which I really enjoy while still trying to improve my skills.  I don’t sleep well while camping and need to fix that this year.  Back to my bucket list.  I have discovered through you tube that I have an interest in wilderness canoe camping.  The best place to do this in the US is at the boundary waters in northern Minnesota.  Someday I hope to do a multi-day trip in the Fall.  Doubt it will be in 2024 but I will work towards acquiring the skills needed and the physical health required to do a trip like this.  I’ve also decided I want to do a thru hike of the Appalachian Trail.  The time commitment needed to do this hike makes it tough to do while fully employed so I may start with some section hikes.  Fortunately there are trail access points in relatively close proximity to where I live in North Carolina.  I hope to update the blog often this year as I experience new things and undertake new adventures.

Until tomorrow,

Dave


No comments:

Post a Comment