Monday, January 15, 2024

MLK repost from 2015

Today we celebrate the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. I appreciate great orators and Dr King was one of the best. I once heard that his I Have A Dream speech was largely unscripted. Can you imagine the having the ability to rally tens of thousands of people and deliver a speech that will be remembered forever without writing it down? I can't. Here is one of my favorite passages:


I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.

I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character.


I suggest taking time today and watch a replay of the speech and appreciate Dr King's gift.

Until tomorrow,

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment